10 Things to Do When Kids Say 'I'm Bored' - Part 1
How many times have you heard your kids utter these words? I'm bored🙁 Too many times I'm sure. Abolish boredom forever with these 10 kid-tested fun activities.
When kids are bored, the best thing for parents and child care providers to do is help them identify ways in which they can entertain themselves. Aim for activities that engage the senses and are at the right level of difficulty (e.g., not too easy, not too challenging). Create a "boredom box" with coloring books, action figures, and a puzzle to encourage independent play when a child says she's bored. Update this every few months with a new kit activity book.
If you're looking for a new activity to do together, here are 10 great ideas for when your little one whines, "I'm bored!"
1. Help your child rearrange their bedroom
2. Break out Twister and hold an epic tournament in your living room
3. Play Hot Potato -- use anything from a bean bag to a bar of soap
4. Set up your own DIY bowling lane. (Here's how: Spray-paint two-liter bottles to use as bowling pins and a handy soccer ball as a bowling ball.)
5. Start a game of "Simon Says" -- it's a classic that never gets old
6. Build an indoor tent or fort with couches and some bed sheets
7. Establish your own secret language and handshake that only you know
8. Design -- and fill in -- your own mad libs
9. Exercise those finger-painting skills by trying to replicate a famous painting
10. Organize a movie night. (Plan for it by drawing tickets, making popcorn and setting up the room like a theater).
Which activity will you try the next time your munchkin say "I'm bored." Drop a comment below.👇